Monday, March 23, 2009

Seattle Sidebar

I'm in Seattle for a few days so I haven't really been training, just walking in the rain. I've also been re-reading the Runners World Complete Book of Women's Running. I first read this book a few years ago when I was searching for a way to enjoy running. I thought it would help me overcome the mental challenge of running. It worked. I actually remember smiling during a run. Odd, I know. With that in mind, I thought it might help me prepare for the many miles of running ahead. It's definitely a book I'd recommend. 

Another book that was recommended to me by a friend here in Seattle is The Other Shulman. It's a novel about a man running the New York City Marathon. I plan on reading it soon. 

I'm also really interested in seeing the movie Spirit of the Marathon. I stumbled across it on the internet the other day. It's a documentary about 5 people running the Chicago Marathon. I'm going to hold out a couple weeks before ordering this. I don't want to get motivational overload. I'm trying to pace myself here. 

You can find out more about these by clicking the links to the right, under Motivational Material. 

One last note before I sign off. I'm still trying to get the online donation set-up. Right now if you click on the Donate Here link, it just takes you to the AIDS Marathon site. I am supposed to get my own page so you all can donate directly to me. I'll let you know when it's ready to go.

Hopefully the weather in Chicago will be warmer so I can start running outside soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment