Monday, March 30, 2009

Slow Progress


I missed a couple workouts because of my Seattle trip. But, I finally made it back to the gym Wednesday. I tried the run-walk method discussed in the running book. 8 min walk followed by (4) - 1 min run and 2 min walk then 10 min walk. The results after 30 minutes: 2.01 miles and a sore chest. I needed a sports bra that was a little more supportive. 

A trip to REI solved my support problem, but left a small dent in my wallet. Of course, the most comfortable, non rubbing, supportive sports bra was also the most expensive. I ended up with the Under Armour bra. 

Friday I slept in and didn't get up in time to eat a good breakfast before heading to the gym. I'm learning how important it is to eat right. The chocolate soy milk chug wasn't a substitute for food. I made it through my weight lifting and crunches, but after 5 min on the treadmill, I literally bonked! I figure we all deserve a day off. 

So, today I ate right, rested, put on the new sports bra and made it to the gym with plenty of energy. This time I left out the 8 minute warm-up walk and just started with a 3:1 walk-run ratio. However, 3 minutes was a little too long of a recovery period between the 1 minute runs. I switched it up a couple times between 3 min and 2 min walks. The results after 30 minutes: 2.10 miles. It's a little more than last time, but not much. 

My legs are sore and stiff, and I'm left wondering how in the heck I'm gonna be able to do this for 26.2 miles. I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew. 


No comments:

Post a Comment