Saturday, May 9, 2009

5 Mile Pains


Between biking to work and running thrice a week, I'm definitely getting good use of my legs. This morning we ran 5 miles. I've done so much since then that it seems like yesterday. My legs seem to be standing up to the increased amount of exercise, it's my wallet that I'm worried about. 

We are required to have water bottles for the long runs so I went online and did some research. I wasn't enthralled with the prospect of having a water bottle jiggle around my hips, so I decided the to get the CamelBak Alterra. Instead of having a bottle that I have to mess with it has a bladder with a tube that I can just suck from - nearly hands free. Unfortunately, REI didn't have the Alterra. I tried on a few different waist water bottle holsters and ended up purchasing an Ultimate Direction Access waist pack. I also purchased a Nike swim-suit, a couple pairs of non-cotton running socks, a cheap pair of sunglasses that hopefully won't slip off, and a package Jelly Belly Sports Beans. With all of my recent purchases, it seemed like the time to throw in an REI membership too. 

When I first started running with the water bottle I was fairly annoyed by the movement. But, by the end of the first mile I don't remember noticing it at all. We'll see how it goes as the runs get longer. If it doesn't work, I can always try something new.... right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment