Monday, November 9, 2009

AIDS Run Walk 5K


The weekend I returned from my Hawaiian vacation, I ran the AIDS Run Walk. Because we participated in the AIDS Marathon Training Program, we were automatically signed up for the event. It was awesome to be able to run with members of our pace group one last time. The Chicago marathoners used this event as a warm-up for the marathon their marathon the following weekend. I used this run as a chance to check my running progress. 

The AIDS Run Walk was the very first 5K race I've ever run entirely from start to finish. I felt ecstatic afterwards. Out of approximately 1100 runners, I came in #903 with an overall time of 37:49. That's a little over a 12 minute mile pace. I'm still not breaking any land speed records, but I don't care! I have a recorded 5K time that I can work to improve over the winter, and I have a new long sleeve t-shirt to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment