Saturday, November 14, 2009

Fall Runs


This has been a great week for fall running. It got so cold so quickly this year that I thought I had missed fall while I was enjoying the sands of Hawaii. However, this past week Mother Nature decided to warm things up again and I took full advantage of her gift. Running really gives me the opportunity to get out and enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of fall. 

In addition to the 2 and 3 mile runs I took during the week, I went for an awesome 6.25 mile run this morning. This morning's run took me south to the end of Lincoln Park and then back up through the zoo, around the monkeys, big cats, rhinos and polar bear. Just north of the zoo I ran through the lilly pond before continuing north to the farmer's market. The run eventually ended at a nearby diner where I sat my tired sweaty body down and shot the salt before enjoying a fantastic spinach and feta omelette. 

I really enjoy a long weekend morning run. It makes me feel like I've had a productive day no matter what I do afterwards. Man, I love Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment