Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What the Phở!

Running season is once again upon us. There is no magical date that marks the beginning of this running season, just magical events.

16 Feb - I was online and ready to register for the 8k Shamrock Shuffle, but decided to wait until my roommate got home to make sure we both registered. 4 hours later, registration for the Shamrock Shuffle Closed.

23 Feb - Team 2 End AIDS - My Britney Spears Moment - I received a call last week from last year's marathon coach, and he had a 'Deal' for me. If I signed up to run the Chicago Marathon right then and there, they would waive the $100 registration fee. What a DEAL! Truthfully, I was already planning to run the Chicago Marathon. However, I was still trying to decide if I would run it with TFKATAMTPNKAT2EA (the Team Formerly Known As The AIDS Marathon Training Program Now Known As Team 2 End AIDS.) The fundraising commitment is worrisome since last year I didn't meet my fundraising goal and this year I can't afford not to meet it. But the benefits of running for a cause and running with a great training group and program seem to outweigh my financial concerns. I signed up. (Oops I did it again!)

1 Mar - I get a call that my roommate and I have both received free entry into the Shamrock Shuffle from Team 2 End AIDS - Running Season Begins!

To mark the beginning of running season, Amanda and I took a 2.5 mile run up to Tank Noodle where we celebrated with a round of water and a couple orders of Phở. Running season has officially begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment