Sunday, July 4, 2010

Victory was Mine!


Success! This past week was very successful for me in terms of training. I think my body has finally adjusted to my new schedule and I didn't spend the week exhausted. So finally, I was able to fit in a regular schedule of workouts. 

I kickstarted the week Monday with a short run with my roommate who is recovering from a stress fracture and finally back on the running path! Tuesday was gorgeous weather and I took a nice long bike ride to Navy Pier and back. Wednesday is a long day for me at work, so I decided that could be my off day this week. I was back running on Thursday and followed that up with a bike ride to the bar for a couple drinks and home again. Friday I biked all the way up to Evanston for my classes. I was definitely biking faster in the morning, and found my legs a little less willing to perform on the ride home. 

But the legs were back and ready to work again Saturday morning. I didn't go run with the T2EA group since my pacegroup partner was out of town. Instead I mapped out a route through a different part of Lincoln Park that took me down to the local farmer's market. The market is my favorite mid-run stop, especially if I can find free maple syrup samples to give me a little extra boost for the run home. When I left the market I decided to weave through and along the new Nature Boardwalk. They really did a great job on this, and I'm not always a fan of the native plant look. So after a nice jog through this area, I decided to take a jaunt through the zoo where I caught the lions passed out in the sun... just like large housecats. How lucky am I to be able to jog through the zoo, just for fun!

Like I said... it was a successful week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this next week. Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment