Sunday, June 27, 2010

Gonna Fly Now


It's been another busy week. 

Monday... I wanted to go running, but I came home exhausted and thought I would go the next morning instead. 
Tuesday morning... I woke up at 4:30 am to go running, and realized the streets were still dark and desolate. Not a safe place for a solo female runner.
Tuesday evening... I planned to go running, but after another exhausting day, I felt great about garnering enough energy to go for a brisk 1.5 hr walk.
Wednesday... severe thunderstorms and tornado sirens. So I swam a mile at 11pm instead.
Thursday... another very long day.
Friday... I had the morning free, so I got up and went for a nice 30 min run! Victory! It was meditative, it was stress relieving, it was successful.

No long run this week, I flew to Connecticut for a wedding instead. Now I'm back in Chicago, trying to come up with a realistic schedule for the upcoming week.... and upcoming 12 miles Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment