Monday, April 13, 2009

Spring In My Step?


As it turns out, I cannot spend the rest of my life on unemployment checks. Therefore, I started a new job at a nearby garden center. It's a nice, low-stress job that affords me a lot of time outside and extra physical activity. Unfortunately, this also means that I have less free time to wander the town and I actually have to schedule my training schedule. Ridiculous, I know. 

This week I'm lucky enough to have Tuesday and Thursday off. So my goal is to get up early enough to run before the 11am yoga class at the gym. I haven't been doing a great job of stretching and hopefully this will give me some new ideas for some nice relaxing stretches. I haven't been to a class in a while, so I'm really looking forward to it.

Right now it's 39 deg and raining, but I'm feeling confident that Springtime really is around the corner and I'll be outside running soon enough. 

1 comment:

  1. having a job after not having a job is a killer! i know exactly what you're talking about. i love hearing that you're doing some cross-training with Yoga. is that even considered cross-training though? i have a question: now that you're training to run 20 something miles, are you changing your diet and the things that you put into your body?

    ReplyDelete